Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

Southern Meadows awared me the Stylish Blogger Award.  I am honored that she would think of my blog as deserving of an award.  Southern Meadows has been one of my favorite blogs, with beautiful photos.


The Stylish Blogger Award is an award given by fellow bloggers to blogs that they feel offer a little something more...  Here is how it works:
  • You post a link back to the person who gave you the award;
  • Share 7 random things about yourself;
  • Award 15 recently discovered bloggers and drop them a note to tell them about it!
7 Random Things
  1. I like to read, and my favorite author is, yes, Douglas Adams - I especially like Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency.
  2. I recently took up photography and yearn for a better camera.
  3. I enjoy writing but struggle with the dedication to write every day.
  4. I enjoy gardening and the garden (or yard) is my favorite place to be.
  5. I am a gamer - usually in the winter when I can't go outside.
  6. I have been blessed with a wonderful family who I love to spend time with. 
  7. I have 3 dogs, 1 cat, 2 Oscars, 7 African Cichlids and 4 Chickens.

 I follow a lot of clever blogs...
...some for their writing, some for their photos and some for all of the above.  Here are some of my favorites (in no specific order):

Ink & Penstemon
Fennel & Fern
The Whimsical Gardener
Great Stems
Coopette.com (The Alternative Kitchen Garden)
Fergus the Forager
Weed Whackin' Wenches
Garden Walk Garden Talk
High Altitude Gardening
This Grandmother's Garden
Muum's Musings
Along Life's Highway
Aberdeen Gardening - from Bonnie Scotland
The Garden-Roof Coop
Bay Area Tendrils


Thanks again Southern Meadows for the nice shout-out.  Happy gardening to all - Only 32 days to Spring - WOO HOO!!

Get your hands dirty!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you Matt for listing TWG as a favorite blog :) I enjoy your blog too and can appreciate the yearning for a better camera! I didn't know how much I enjoyed photography until I started blogging...now I find myself devoting as much time to photography as gardening. It probably has to do with being winter too though...I'm itching to get back into the dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Matt for listing my blog. I really appreciate you thinking of me as Stylish. Congrats on winning it too. I hope to get around to the post for it eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on this award Matt...we may reach 80 degrees here tomorrow....:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your deserved award Matt,and I am honoured at being included in blogs which you follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, congrats! I just awarded you too, so you must be doubly stylish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! Congratulations on your award!!! :-) And, YES! Only 32 days until Spring! What a grand thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wait, according to your awesome counter that you have included (great idea, by the way!!), only 26 days until Spring. Even a grander thought! Spring is my absolute favorite time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! and thank you so much for listing my little blog. Sorry it took so long to thank you. I am very far behind on my reading!

    Oh and I see you need double congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Matt! I came here because I realized I haven't seen you for awhile. Surprised to see a little link love... thank you for including my blog. I do hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Sign up to be a Follower so you don't miss any of my posts!