Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Recent Hypertufa Projects

I've been practicing different recipes, forms and color additives and trying to get the technique down.  It is harder than I thought it would be - but I am really enjoying it!
I tried some smaller ones and added some different textures.

I used a wire brush on this one.

Tried to give a "broken pottery" type look.

Tried to make this one look more like stone - more rustic.

This is the very first one I made - now dry and ready to use.

I tried carving on this one.  I don't know if I like it or not.

I wanted a look of stone.

My first square one.  I added the cracks.

I think this is my favorite so far.  I really like the antiquity look.

Maybe more garbage than antiquity.  But we are the dreamers of dreams...

Get your hands dirty!


  1. Oh, I like the antiquity look one the best. Nice work, Matt!

  2. I like the one with cracks the most, but most of all, I like that you are experimenting and trying new ideas!

  3. I liked the broken pottery one. The top has an almost Aztec look and I like the effect.

  4. Those are way cool!!

  5. Great color, I use a wire brush on all of mine


Thank you so much for commenting! Sign up to be a Follower so you don't miss any of my posts!